10 things you should know about Thai Massage
1) Thai Massage is also known as Lazy Man’s Yoga because it is a comprehensive hybrid of yoga and massage. The practitioner does yoga to you. Your job is to rest and receive. What could be better!?
2) Flexibilty is NOT a requirement for Thai Massage. The therapist customizes each treatment and always works within your comfort level.
3) Thai Massage has its roots in ancient, shamanic healing traditions of Thailand. The practices of Thai healing date back to the time of the Buddha, 3,000-5,000 years ago.
4) One of the many reasons people love Thai Massage today, is that it helps reverse poor postural habits resulting from the many stresses of modern life, such as too many hours spent in front of a computer.
5) A Traditional Thai massage occurs on the floor, on a thick, futon-like mat. Modern adaptations of Thai massage are performed on a massage table.
6) During a Thai massage, you remain fully clothed. While most clothing types are adaptable, it is ideal to wear lightweight, loose fitting clothing that allows freedom of movement.
7) During a Thai massage, the therapist uses her/his hands, feet, knees, elbows. When deeper pressure is appropriate for the recipient, the therapist will walk on your back!
8) Whether weary from a day of travel or work, Thai Massage is an excellent therapy to help you fully arrive to the present moment here in Sedona, Arizona.
9)The benefits of Thai Massage are many, including: relief of physical and emotional tension, increased range of motion, improved energy AND relaxation, decompressed joints, better sleep, more flexibility, assisted recovery from injury/illness, release of blocked energy, greater awareness of body/mind/spirit, and the list goes on…
10)The results experienced from Thai massage are vast and long lasting. After a Thai Massage with Sedona Thai Massage & Healing Arts, people often say, “That was the best massage I’ve ever had!”